Vacancy: Community Link Coordinator
We’ve got an incredible opportunity to join the team as we’re on the hunt for a Community Link Coordinator.
The closing date for applications is 31st December 2022 at 5pm, with interviews taking place shortly after.
What’s it about?
Reporting to the Head of Marketing & Communications, the Community Link Coordinator will be responsible for developing a strategic and cohesive approach to player engagement at local club level, creating opportunities for the Football Club’s younger players (Scholars and under 23s) to engage in purposeful and rewarding community activities. The overall aim will be to provide life skills opportunities for young players, develop and inspire local communities as a result of their involvement with the Trust and ensure pathways are made available for life after Football.
What will I be doing?
- Interact with the Academy and the Football Club to produce a Player Engagement Action Plan with key targets at the start of every new season to incorporate Scholars and Development squads.
- Liaise with the Football Club and Academy to produce a workable and relevant Player.
- Engagement Policy at the start of each season that the Trust can work around to maximise the impact and engagement of the players.
- Be responsible for the effective management of the PFA player engagement requirements under the new Capability Status Code of Practice process.
- Ensure that an appropriate process and system for player engagement is in place at local club level. This should be implemented in consultation with the Academy and relevant departments within the Football Club.
- Provide the Premier League Charitable Fund (PLCF) with a quarterly progress report on the development during the season in line with Capability Status requirements – July/Sept, Oct/Dec, Jan/March and the end of season review.
- Offer appropriate and relevant support to players when they are attending community activities to ensure that the experience for the player and participants is both an enjoyable and productive one.
- Liaise with the relevant Football Club personnel to ensure that the PFA Player Engagement Questionnaire is completed by all professionals and that the data is effectively analysed.
- Highlight potential Ambassadors to ensure that players are linked to suitable areas of support where they have an interest and where feel comfortable and confident.
- Ensure that a presentation is made to the Scholars and Development Squad players at the beginning of each season to highlight the areas of activity and input through the Trust, along with key priority areas for player involvement.
- Ensure effective collation of all player appearance figures during the season in partnership the football PLCF as part of Capability Status requirements
- Ensure that regular media articles (minimum of 3) are produced by the Trust and are featured within Premier League/PFA and local media throughout the season. This to be done via consultation with the Academy and Football Club.
- Ensure that a case study is produced bi-annually raising awareness of the positive contributions and inspiring support by Scholars and Development Squad players.
- Produce an end of season review on the engagement of the Scholars and Development Squad players with key highlights and statistical information. To also highlight this review in both internal and external media outlets i.e. internal Club Programme/Website/Social Media – external local media Press/Radio/Regional TV.
- Organise an appropriate feedback process with all players at the end of the season to review progress and look at improvements for the new season. This to be organised both from and individual and collective point of view.
- Ensure that appearances are fully utilised within social media by all involved in the process to promote positive player engagement at local level.
- Ensure that the younger players at the Football Club are aware of career opportunities within a community environment. This process to be organised in partnership with the Academy staff.
- Co-ordinate the advanced notice of player visits to the PFA Community Liaison Executives via monthly spreadsheets.
- Provide support across wider Trust programmes and contribute to key deliverables.
- Support the development and maintain effective working relationships with partner organisations and key stakeholders.
- Support the implementation of the Trust’s Equality, Diversity and Inclusion policies and procedures.
- Always represent the Trust positively to internal and external partners and stakeholders, including Nottingham Forest Football Club.
Apply by clicking the button at the top of the page, or click here.