Purpose of the Role
We are looking for a suitably qualified, experienced and enthusiastic Education Tutor to lead the delivery of Nottingham Forest Community Trust’s Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity.
Key Tasks & Responsibilities
- Lead the planning, preparation and delivery of the Trust’s Level 3 Extended Diploma in Sport and Physical Activity.
- Ensure all assignments are marked and timely feedback is provided.
- Ensure all learners are completing assignments in line with assessment plan deadlines.
- Provide weekly records of students’ attendance and be responsible for student retention.
- Communicate with parents and guardians with regards to students’ progress.
- Implement NFCT’s high standards in relation to student behaviour, punctuality and appearance, following the Trust’s disciplinary procedures, where appropriate.
- Support student recruitment, retention and achievement across all education programmes.
- Ensure that all programmes are fully compliant with the latest safeguarding, health and safety and data protection legislation.
- Support the development and maintenance of the effective positive working relationships with funders and partner organisations.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience – Essential
- PGCE or recognised teaching qualification (QTLS/NQT).
- Degree or equivilant in related subject area.
- Qualifications in Maths and English Levels 4-9 (GCSE Grades A-C) or equivalent
- Significant experience in delivering post 16 education programmes.
- Experience of supporting and managing diverse groups of students
- Knowledge of a range of teaching methodologies and the ability to utilise these effectively within a variety of contexts
- Strong organisational skills, able to prioritise, multi-task and manage own workload.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritise conflicting workloads.
- High level of self-drive and an ability to motivate others.
- Ability to work under personal and organisational pressures.
- A high level of competence in using IT and databases, including Microsoft Office.
- Friendly, approachable and professional.
- Willingness to undertake an enhanced DBS.
Skills, Knowledge & Experience – Desirable
- Assessor and/or verifier qualifications
- FA Level 2 Coaching Badge.
- Full, clean UK driving license.
- D1 Category on driving license,
- Demonstrate a commitment to equal opportunities.
- Represent Nottingham Forest Community Trust in a professional manner at all times with respect to attitude, work ethic, appearance, conduct and personal hygiene.
- Report directly to the Programmes Manager and Head of Finance, ultimately responsible to the CEO.
- Undertake any other duties and responsibilities that commensurate with the grade of the post.
Nottingham Forest Community Trust is an equal opportunities employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age.
Nottingham Forest Community Trust is committed to being transparent about how it handles your personal information, to protecting the privacy and security of your personal information and meeting its obligation under the General Data Protection Regulation and the Data Protection Act 2018. For more information, please see our Privacy Notice.
Application: Via CV with a one page covering letter using the form below.
Closing Date:20thDecember 2020.